Delicious Desserts and More...

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Quinoa Fritters with a Roasted Garlic Lemon Dipping Sauce

Ok guys, here is another Quinoa recipe I made the other day. I Found a recipe for these Quinoa Fritters. I didn't have all the different ingredients I needed to make them so I whipped up a batch of my own. I thought they needed a bright refreshing sauce to go with them. You cant go wrong with lemon or roasted garlic.
Ingredients:

Fritters
2 cups cooked quinoa
4 eggs
1 cup panko bread crumbs
4 green onions chopped
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper

Dipping Sauce
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayo
1 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs olive oil
1 whole head of garlic
  
Directions:
Cut the top of the head of garlic off exposing all the cloves. Drizzle olive oil over it and sprinkle with salt. Wrap it up in tin foil and Roast in your oven at 400 for about 30 minutes. (you can do this ahead of time) After the garlic is finished it will be soft and will pop right out. Put all of them in a food processor. Puree the garlic and add all other ingredients. Puree for a few minutes until sauce is smooth. Place in an air safe container and refrigerate until ready to use.

To make the fritters you simply mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl. In a pan or on a griddle, spray with cooking spray or use a tbs of olive oil. I used an ice cream scoop to keep my fritters uniform. I scooped the mixture and placed it on the griddle. Using the back of a spatula press the fritters down. Its a good idea to spray the spatula before doing this or you will have a sticky mess. Let the fritters cook on medium heat for 4 minutes per side. They should be golden brown on both sides when done. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment